Monday, December 05, 2022

Slow Sunday And Some Final Pics

I had vowed to hold off putting out Christmas decorations until two weeks ahead, so yesterday, I put out Christmas decorations.  😜

I have an excuse, though: I'm going to the Soaring Spirits Christmas dinner tonight and we always have an ornament exchange. It's not mandatory, but I thought I'd look and see if I have one. It turns out I don't, but what I do have is enough Christmas crapola to make Santa swear off gift-giving for life. It's all packed in three small upper cupboards--I have so little storage space--and I got it all out. I put some around, but I have a bunch left over for which I have no room and besides, I just. have. too damn much.

Other than that, nothing much goin going on. Walked over to Von's for onions and rice crackers, did this and that, then took a nap, as I had slept so poorly. I always set the alarm, usually for an hour and a half, which I've found is enough to revive me. 

Ellen called and we had a lovely chat; I missed her a lot when I was in Jersey. I asked if she wanted any decorations and she might, so good, maybe I can foist some on her.

Annoyingly, it rained on and off through the day and it might today. Hope it clears soon.   Slept like a stone, I'm glad to report, and didn't get up until 5:45. here are a few more pics from my east coast sojourn:

Ventnor pier:  cloudy and cold, but the rain held off that day...

Ditto.
 
Betty's house--we had lots of good times and some not-so-good there.

Ventnor City Hall; I always thought and still do, it's the most beautiful and stately I've ever seen.

And that's going to be it for Nostalgia Time; it's off to the present for me!


2 comments:

iloveac said...

Thank you for sharing those wonderful memories via the photos. BTW, Ellen will probably find some of your ornaments for her classroom, hope so.

Mimi said...

Glad to share them, Pat. As for Ellen's classroom--maybe she can use some of my stuff, but I don't actually have any ornaments. Years ago, when I stopped getting a tree, I gave most away; what I have are things like sleighs, wall hangings, and so on--that I just have here and there.

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...