Saturday, December 24, 2022

Friday: Tsk, Tsk, T.O.P.S.!

Talk about disasters: At home, the bad news was that I weighed 133.2 for a gain of three point two pounds; at T.O.P.S., it was was 132.3, for a gain of 3.4.  Hmm, I can't understand that--it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I've been wined and dined for the last several days, could it?

At the meeting, only Julie, Lora, Lennie, and I showed up, but oddly, it was pretty productive and generally kept on-topic. We won't meet next Friday, which is fine by me; Lennie will be gone visiting her sister in Idaho, anyway. Incredibly, Lora brought about eight hand lotion gifts, all nicely presented, and gave me two. 

Lora asked if I wanted to go to The Market after and yes, I needed long envelopes and eggs. I was amazed to find they had neither. Okay, we'll go to Wal-Mart; there, I found envelopes, but they had no eggs, either. (This is beginning to feel like a third-world country.) Lora dropped me at home and after breakfast, to which I sat down at almost 11:00, I went to Von's and found eggs, but at an incredible $6.99 a dozen. There was also a sign noting that there seems to be some kind of egg supply problem.

Walked to the post office to mail off Mike's checks and get stamps. After that, I spent time packing and on a few other chores. Since I hadn't gotten to bed until late, I took a two-hour nap and felt good after. Researched "apartment-sized microwaves" on line and shared a few with Ellen.  Called the Access Van for today and otherwise prepared for my two-day Christmas sojourn in Ojai.

Weather forecast for both today and tomorrow: 76 degrees. Beat that, east coast!


No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...