Sunday, December 18, 2022

Setup Saturday

I spent almost all day--hours, anyway--decorating the apartment. Here are some of the results:


Those three bundles in front of my stocking are little succulent plants I'm giving to my three friends. 

Once I finished, I rushed over to Von's for chicken breasts to make the "Angel Chicken." It's an interesting concoction and easy to make in the slow cooker. What I decided to do was to make it a day ahead, then heat it in the oven and, interspersed with decorating, that's what I did. I'll make the orange cake and glaze today and put the baked potatoes in the oven while the main dish is heating up.

Suzanne is bringing a vegetable and Vickie rolls; they always ask what they can bring and this time, I'm letting them--I'll just add baked potatoes.  Jim, as ever, is just bringing himself. It would never occur to him to offer to bring anything, either to my place or the covered dish suppers at Dudley House where I've been taking him for several years. I'm not sure if that's because of his upbringing (probably) or because men--even the mildest of men--often have a sense of entitlement. However, he is going to take me to lunch for my birthday. 

Also bought at Von's a Bic lighter--no, I haven't gone back to ciggies, it's the kind for lighting candles. Took it home, opened it, tried it, and it was impossible for me to operate! I just don't have to strength to press both the top thing and the trigger-type thing, so I can't use it. I went back to Von's, explained my problem, and Morgan, the very nice young assistant manager* suggested I get long matches instead. Brilliant idea, so I was refunded for the lighter and got them; they're 9 1/2 inches long and perfect for my purposes. 

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Everything is so festive. I love that you have your very own stocking.

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...