Saturday, December 10, 2022

Friday Thai-day

Weighed in at home at 127.2, for a miniscule gain of .04. Lora, back from celebrating her anniversary in Vegas, picked me up for T.O.P.S., where I weighed 128.3, up .04. Julie suggested that Lora join us for my birthday outing, and I was pleased when she accepted. The meeting meandered, as usual--there were five of us there--but I was home by 10:00.

I'm having a Christmas present sent to Mike and his family and have decided the girls, now that they're 18 and 14, can do without another little bauble from me. Instead, I'm making up a humorous Christmas letter specifically for them; it will include a lot of pictures of Daddy Mike, from birth to the made-in-heaven match with Mommy. I'm sending the same present to the Tokyo Trio, with a little extra one for Mr. K. 

Packed my lunch and went to town, eating at my usual place near the mission. I browsed in shops here and there, but didn't buy anything. Bused home, got in at 4:00, and was about to prepare dinner when Ellen called. I was delighted to be asked if I wanted to go to Jasmine Thai for dinner--yes, indeed!--and she came directly from school.  I was not only delighted, but thrilled when she took some of the Christmas stuff I was discarding. I'll donate the rest to Goodwill.

It had been months since I'd been at Jasmine Thai and I had the pad Thai, my favorite, plus a large Sapporo, the Japanese beer I like. Even better was the conversation; we stayed long and ranged over a variety of topics, all of great interest to me since they involved my daughter and her doings. One of the things we discussed was my upcoming birthday; she's fine with my going to Santa Barbara with Julie and Lora on the actual day and we'll probably do something the following weekend. 

Home at 8:30, late for me, and I was in bed by 9:15. Tonight, Suzanne and I will go to the "Holiday Celebration" at The Townehouse and tomorrow, I'll be a gift wrapper at Dudley House.  I'm thinking about going to see my dear lost twin on Monday. 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...