Friday, December 02, 2022

Thursday And Some Graves

Slept fairly well, although I got up a little too early--at 4:30, but I felt good. Started the long process of washing clothes, putting things away, and generally getting back to my routine. Put in a first load of wash before breakfast and followed it later with the second.

I was pleased when Suzanne asked if I wanted to go to WinCo at 10:00. Yes, indeed, and I replenished the larder with a vengeance: got grapefruit, spinach, and a big sweet potato, as well as several pounds of chicken thighs (much tastier than white meat) and two large salmon patties. Added a few minor items and was pretty much caught up. Immediately after I got home, I started food prep, prominently including the grapefruit, sweet potato, and chicken. Had just a quick lunch, then noticed how bad the patio looked; trimmed and watered the geraniums and cleaned up some of the pine needles. 

Walked across the street to CVS and picked up some cream sherry.  Texted Lora to see if she's going to T.O.P.S. this morning, but she's in Vegas celebrating her anniversary. Texted Julie and she'll pick me up. The BCNN dinner is at the yacht club on Wednesday, but I'm not sure what time; hope Julie will pick me up for that, too. I also have the Soaring Sprits dinner on Monday. 

 After the salmon patty and veggies for dinner, I indulged in a glass of sherry while watching Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields on Netflix. Slept well.

I had problems sending photos from my phone last week--ran out of juice or something with Cricket, but now it's new month and I'm back in. Will add some pics here and there. Here I am at Pat's grave; my father-, mother-, and sister-in-law lie nearby. (Their stones were added decades later by my brother-in-law, Bill).




Damn, I can't seem to line the last three up, but so be it... 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...