Thursday, December 08, 2022

Wednesday And Ladies Who Lunch

Julie picked me up at 10:30 for the BCNN Christmas luncheon. It was at the Ventura Yacht Club and a good time was had by many. I was glad to chat with Terri M., who had been in my Acting for Amateurs group and later, with Erica Whosis. Here are some pics:

I have to say I looked pretty damn good for an old crock of almost 86. The top is a nice purple/black swirl in the longer length most becoming to me (or anybody with a lumpy middle).  
That's Julie (dark hair) and Regina (blonde) at the table. Band was good.
Big crowd--I think about a hundred women.
A lot got up and danced--that gal in the middle was wild. Don't know why I didn't--guess I'm a little self-conscious. Note the silly snowman centerpiece; I won it and it's now at my door. I exchanged the  chinzy "scarf" for a gold ribbon.)

The luncheon started at 11:00 with happy hour and I was home by 2:00. Told Julie I'd go to the "Ladies Dining Out" dinner on the fifteenth and also, to Santa Barbara for lunch on my birthday, the twenty-first. I'm sure I'll be with Ellen around then, but not on a weekday, I think. 

 Got an invitation from The Townehouse to a "holiday celebration" on Saturday evening, which includes strolling Dickens carolers, holiday boutique shopping, and desserts, wine, and coffee. Sounds good and I forwarded the invitation to Jim and asked if he wants to go. 

Today, lunch with Diane at the Urbane CafĂ©. 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...