Thursday, December 29, 2022

Wednesday With My Girl

I suddenly decided to take down and stow the Christmas decorations and spent the morning doing so. I'm not even finished yet, but have done most of it. When Ellen came at noon, she was horrified: "It's only three days after and there are twelve days of Christmas!" So what, I had galvanized myself and gotten most of it done. 

She, the dear girl, had brought the gifts I had forgotten and we had a good visit. After discussing (agonizing over--it's a big decision!) about where to eat, we decided on the Urbane Café. El had the Baja bowl, which she liked a lot; besides chicken, it was chock full of heathy food, such as kale and tofu. So was my salmon bowl, which I've had before. 

Back to my place and we chatted a bit more. I asked El, since she's off for two weeks, if she would take me to Goodwill to donate the items I should have donated weeks ago. Her dentist is near me and she has an appointment next Wednesday, so she'll be able to do it then. 

LaVonne had called early to see if I wanted to go to breakfast at the Hill Street Café yesterday, but since Ellen was coming, I suggested lunch there today and we'll meet at 1:00. 

I watched the holiday video my blog buddy, Patti R., created of her Evergreens home in Moorestown, NJ, and greatly enjoyed it. In the shared spaces, there were elegant Christmas trees and menorahs, as well as whole rooms depicting Christmases of fifty or so years ago. The personal displays outside the private apartments were wonderful to see: some religious, others secular, but all so imaginative and cheery--it must be a happy adventure just to walk down the halls!   

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I'm with Ellen...I'm not taking my decorations down until the 12th day of Christmas. I'm so glad you watched and enjoyed the video. Residents seem to enjoy decorating their shelves as each season changes.

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...