Saturday, December 03, 2022

A Fitful Rain On Friday

Back to T.O.P.S. and the usual convoluted weight report. At home, I first weighed in at 129.6, a five pound gain, then 127.6, for three pounds up. That made no sense, and at the meeting, I was 128.7 for a gain of a mere .01. (I don't even know how many ounces that is.)

Poor Sharon called me about 7:00 to say she wasn't going, as now her leg is infected. She has some very serious health problems and I feel so sorry for her; she said her husband is sick, too. Anyway, Julie picked me up and the meeting was okay; only she, Lennie, and Bev were there. Didn't get breakfast until after 10:00 and though I don't like it, I'm reconciled. 

I continued to dig out of all the things I left while I was away. The mail took me almost an hour, as Mike and Paula got a lot of financial stuff, plus some of mine necessitated follow-up. Received an email from Quest Diagnostics that my doctor had ordered lab work. I went over there and found they had no such order. It was impossible to reach them at headquarters, but I'll try to follow up on-line.

Called Bobbi to see how she's doing. She is finally finished the radiation, which exhausted her, but said now her stamina is starting to come back. Unfortunately, she had another health scare: She suddenly started to become breathless with slight exertion and the cause was found to be a malfunction of her pace maker. It was adjusted, but she spent a night in the hospital. 

After going over to Von's for eggs, I took a short (hour and a half) nap and felt good when I got up. I think my malaise may be because of the rain, which come down all drippy most of the day. It's chilly, too--weather just like I left in Jersey!  

Because I was away, I didn't get this until late, but I love it. From the Tokyo trio:

(Names obscured, of course, as the Daddy insists on that.)

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...