Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Soaring Spirits Monday

 Back in the saddle again...

Rather, back on the sidewalk again: I got in a good walk to The Market, then, eschewing the bus, walked home, too, for three miles. It felt good and, happy day, after early cloudiness, it turned out sunny and even warm. I happened to meet Diane going in the opposite direction and we confirmed our lunch date on Thursday. 

Got batteries for my window "candles" and put them in. Also got actual candles for my three little "Joy" angels, but need either a lighter or utility matches. 

Showered, washed my hair, then just hung out until Julie picked me up at 5:45 for the Soaring Spirits dinner. We had a good time, although I was the ONLY ONE who didn't bring an ornament for the exchange. However, Susan had brought extras and I got one apropos for this pacifist, all agreed: 

I enjoyed meeting the two newcomers, Julie, whose husband had been a dentist in Camarillo (sudden, from an undetected brain aneurism) and Kim, probably only in her thirties (suicide).  Vera took me home; got in at 8:00.

Earlier, and annoyingly, I got a letter from Blue of California that my doctor is leaving Primary Medical and that I was assigned to a new one--in Oxnard. No, thank you, I'm not going to Oxnard, so I called and after a lot of talk, chose another. However, when I looked things  up, I saw that Dr. Ficks., who is an endocrinologist, is also accepting new patients, and she's one I want, as I've already had dealings with her. Here's my entry from almost exactly a year ago (12/8/21):

Dr. Ficks marveled at my well-being. She said she had gone over all my tests and so on and I'm "remarkably healthy." She expressed amazement at my well-being, considering my age and my forty-one year history of two packs a day. However, there is evidence of osteoporosis, of which I was already aware. 

Here's Tristan, that sweet kid, fifteen and growing tall (for our family, that is), in his school picture.

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...