Saturday, December 17, 2022

Friday: Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Dominic Dunne

At home, 130 pounds, for a ridiculous gain of 2.8 pounds, but 128.9 at T.O.P.S., so up just .02., which I can live with (should be "with which I can live," but that sounds so stilted). 

Sharon called at 7:00 to say that again, she won't be there--now she has a problem with her hip and was going to Urgent Care. The meeting was okay; Helen and Carol were there, in addition to Lennie, Julie, Lora, and me.  After, I gave J. and L. their Irish Crème and they were very appreciative.

Didn't get breakfast until 10:30, as I put in a bleach wash as soon as I got home.  Hard-boiled some eggs as they were drying, made a sandwich, and bused to Wal-Mart. I had bought a silly little Christmas top on Thursday and it was too small, so I just returned it without getting another. Picked up some aluminum foil and, living dangerously, a bag of stick pretzels, plus--dare I write it?--peanut butter! 

Had my lunch in the pleasant little park (fountain and foliage) across Victoria, and bused home. For some reason, my left knee was bothering me and I just didn't feel like walking. 

What I did when I got home was downright radical: I turned on the television (in the daytime!) and watched a segment of the life of William Holden. What's more, I did so while dipping the pretzels into the peanut butter. Put together, those activities acted as a soporific and I actually took a nap. Set the phone alarm for an hour and a half, snuggled under my electric blanket, and fell sound asleep. Got up at 5:30 and not only felt well rested, but realized my knee is no longer bothering me. 

At my usual T.V. time--8:00 to 9:30 or so, I watched most of After The Party, a chronicle of Dominick Dunne's doings with Hollywood notables. (I've always been a sucker for show biz celebs.) It was made in 2008 and Dunne died a year later. 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...