Sunday, December 25, 2022

Saturday And The Eve

Got to Ellen's at noon to find this picture-perfect Christmas scene:

Actually, I took this later in the afternoon (note wine glass). When I got there, the tree was leaning forward--some problem with the screws in the holder--so El and I went to Ace Hardware and she got fishing twine (I never would have thought of this) and actually drove a nail on either side of the window surround, and secured it upright that way. If it had been an artificial tree, I guess this wouldn't have happened, but hey, the Molloys go with natural.  

I also took a video of the beautiful outdoor floating lights that El has projected onto her house front. The complete video wouldn't load, but I hope this, of the inside of the front door, does; I'll give it a shot:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1?ui=2&ik=1e574890f4&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1753195843950210116&th=18549a54cc57ec44&view=att&disp=safe

We had a great time visiting, etc., of course, besides Ace and Von's and at 4:00, had cheese, crackers, and excellent Riesling wine. That was provided a few months ago by their visitors from Germany (who made it themselves, as they actually have a winery). 

Dinner about 6:00, Greg home a half hour after, then we played gin rummy.  For a big fat change, I won, but that didn't matter. I love the hilarity when we battle each other for triumph 😄. After, Greg went to "midnight mass," which took place at 10:00 (what weird world do we live in? and Ellen and I soon turned in.

M*E*R*R*Y  C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S!

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...