Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Tuesday, Too

Busy day again, that is. Right after breakfast, I started wrapping presents, which isn't as simple as it sounds. Why? Because, for one thing, I had let my thrifty nature persuade me to buy store-brand tape. Often, the less expensive ones are just as good than those advertised. This wasn't: It refused to unwind, then stuck onto my finger, then wouldn't stick on the paper--damn! I finally gave up and rushed to Von's to buy Scotch tape, along with eggs for the Irish crème.

Wrapped grandson's and great-grands' gifts, adding a card and little birthday gift for Hannah, plus others. They're decoratively wrapped separately, but I was able to pack them into boxes together. Made lunch, stowed everything in my little cart, then walked to the P.O.--jammed, of course, even on a Tuesday morning--and sent them off. 

From there, I bused to town to look in the thrift stores for attractive decanters, as I want to make Julie and Lora Irish crème.  Didn't find any that were both the right size and cost less than twenty bucks. Had lunch at my usual across from the mission, then bused to The Market and found two perfect ones; bought them and will make the Irish crème today. Walked from there to the transit center, so got four or five in.

Suzanne texted me to ask if I wanted to go to WinCo this morning--yes, and I'll get the whisky and heavy cream there--and to see the stacked cans this afternoon. I said yes to that, too. Both Mike and Paula were sent checks from different sources and I'll ask S. to stop at the bank so I can deposit them. Send her some info on Moravians; I saw some I know last month in Jersey and she had never heard of that religion.  

Went into Amazon Japan after dinner, and ordered a little extra gift for Mr. K. Now, I have to decide what about V. and V. in Singapore? It's getting late, especially to send though regular mail and I don't know what to get them, anyway. Mulling it over...

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...