Sunday, December 11, 2022

"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like.." Saturday

 Yesterday, I was delighted to see this message from older son in Tokyo, to my other children and me:

--Good afternoon, all:   (K.) is anxious to have another Christmas-time Zoom call, if others are amenable. However, the time it is Christmas for people in the US is the twenty-sixth for us, and I'll be working all day, so the time around (for the west coast of North America) the late afternoon of 26 December would be most convenient for us. This would be earlier for people on the east coast and morning on 27 December, of course, for Singapore. Please let us know if you all could be available.--

All wrote back of their time-zone availability and we'll look forward to being at least electronically together once again. 

Instead of individual presents this year, I'm sending one that families can share (which shall remain a secret until after-you-know-when). However, I want to send small individual ones to the children. I had bought a small one for Mr. K. and walked to the P.O. to mail it. I was stunned--although I should have known--that this very small, light object would cost--literally--ten times more to send. I knew his Dad would be angry if I spent that much, so I took it home. Will think of something else for him, V. and V., and the great-grands.

Spent most of the afternoon on household chores, recording appointments, zesting and juicing oranges, and so on. Went to Von's for a few minor items. I've decided to make an orange cake, using the oranges Margaret gave me, and found a yummy recipe for it. However, I don't want to make it until next Saturday, so will freeze the zest and juice until then. Since Ellen and Greg aren't available then, I'll just invite Suzanne, Vickie, and Jim. I'll stay with E. and G. over Christmas.

Suzanne and I went to The Townehouse Christmas celebration at 5:30 and it was so well done-- beautifully decorated and with a full bar. I had champagne, then a good white, plus wonderful pastries. I spoke to Anne (?), the activities director, whom I've know for a while, and she said they have an on-site pastry chef; I can attest that his or her the scones to die for. 

It was nicely decorated, of course, and there were carolers in costume:






There was also a boutique and I bought some small Christmas gifts. Home by 8:00. Today, I'll be wrapping presents at Dudley House 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...