Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Movin' Around On Monday

Still roaming and roving, but I got some calls and texts done in the morning. Called niece Carolyn to say my friends, Julie and Lora, will take me to lunch in Santa Barbara on my birthday and I'd like to stop at Villa Alamar to give my dear twin her present. That was fine, she said, and she will probably be there, too. Called Julie to ask if that was okay and yes, it is. 

Texted Vickie to see which day this weekend is better for her for my little dinner party; Suzanne, Jim, and I are free both days. We settled on Sunday, which gives me another day to prepare. 

Walked to The Market, then Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Home, lunched, then went to CVS for the L'Oréal conditioner I like; annoyingly, they didn't have that version, so I bought what I hope is comparable, also L'Oréal. Went to Von's for a number of ingredients for the angel chicken and orange cake I'll make for my little dinner party. I also want to make Irish Crème for Julie and Lora. Incredibly, Von's had no eggs; I'll have to get them elsewhere. 

Suzanne and Vickie are always asking if they can bring something and this time, I acquiesced. I asked S. to bring a veggie and V. rolls. I'll add baked potatoes or something, also. We've been in the habit of bringing our own drinks, too, so presumably, S. and V. will; Jim, as ever, gets a free pass. 

Called Muckie and we talked for more than an hour. She's about to undergo a new treatment which administers the chemo for her pancreatic cancer more quickly and more accurately. She casually mentioned that the cancer is not curable, but the treatment should give her more time. On a lighter note, she asked me to be sure to give her regards to a certain fellow-blogger, whom she remembers fondly. I don't quite remember the name, but I think the initials are P.R. 😁

Spent time after dinner wrapping Christmas gifts and I hope to mail the Jersey ones today. Now I guess I'll have to think about cards. I'd like to make my own, as I have  before, but don't know if I'll get around to it. 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

So glad you and Muckie can talk. I'm sure it means a lot to her. Pancreatic CA is awful and it's wonderful to know they can focus the treatment more accurately. She was/is special and I hope she's getting Morphine or something to make her feel good while she's on this path. Thank you for telling me she asked for me.

Mimi said...

Sent you her number by email.

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...