Friday, December 16, 2022

Thursday, Ahi, And Montgomery Clift

Once again, the damn machine is centering the text and has made disappear what I used to use for putting it on the left. Oh, well, I guess it's still readable.

I spent the morning preparing Julie's and Lora's presents. It didn't take nearly as long to make the Irish Crème as it did to make the cards (when it comes to art, I'm on Kindergarten level). I plan to take them to T.O.P.S. today (Lora will pick me up) and after the meeting, I'll give them to her and Julie.


My niece put this picture on Facebook--my big bother, Larry, who's 90, holding his latest great-grandchild. I'm hoping to travel to Florida to visit him in a few months.


Here's another picture from Facebook--2013 at Larry and Helen's December party. The sign was not only for Betty and me, but for some of the sixty or so others who attended. How things have changed--I was a lot heavier, hair was dyed, and I didn't have contacts then--and sadly, Helen is gone and Betty is going. It's just you and me, Lar.
Julie picked me up and we went to Prime Steakhouse for the monthly BCNN
"Ladies Dining Out" group. It was kind of a mix of good and bad. The place is practically all black--black walls, black carpeting, black velvet chairs, so we all had to take out our phones to read the menu. I had ahi with potatoes and spinach; I didn't read enough of the description to realize it was very spicy, my least favorite type of food. I was able to scoop off most of the red-hot wasabi, so at least enjoyed the fish.
I met an interesting member--Lauraine--who's originally from Queens, NY, and her (partner? roommate?) Marsha--and we had a good talk. Julie was a little more animated than usual, so that was good. 
We had actually gone for the five o'clock Happy Hour and "small plates," which suited me much better than their regular menu, which featured lobster for 98 smackers and steak, ditto.
Home by 8:00 and I settled in to watch one of those shows for which I'm a sucker: old Hollywood and the stars that populated it. Last night I was introduced to Montgomery Clift and I found it more interesting than I ever did his histrionics.   

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...