Saturday, October 23, 2021

Woe Is Me

Did I think Thursday was bad? Yesterday was a lot worse. I was informed the Access Van would be picking me up between 6:57 and 7:20 am--fair enough, I was going to Camarillo and my eye appointment was at 8:15. The morning recording informed me it would be here by 7:14 and I was out front in plenty of time. I then waited...and waited...and waited.... No, it couldn't possibly be a repeat of the last time when "somebody called in sick" and I was left. I called Access and was told he was on his way. Oh, there he is, turning in now, at 7:40. Okay, we can't probably make in just in ti...

Nope. Because he had to make not one, but two other stops, several miles away from each other and by the time we actually got to Miramar, I was a half hour late and of course, they wouldn't take me. That means I certainly won't be able to get an eye exam until December, since I'll be gone all next month. To get home, I then waited...and waited...and waited.... The van finally got there and walked in at 11:30...

...where I was greeted by yet another communication from Bianca--an envelope on the door--by the supposedly missing September rent and utilities payment. Called asking to make an appointment for Monday and guess what? She's going on vacation on Monday. I, of course, will be gone a lot longer than that (just don't want to specify), so where does that leave us? I called the bank and was told there was no suspension of my automatic rent payment. Okay, but now I have to deal with the supposedly missing utilities bills.

Called the general manager of the Access Van and raised hell, of course. He told me he had problems getting anybody to drive, although they pay well and provide benefits. I said he'd better not deduct the aborted trip cost out of what I put on my debit card and he said he won't. 

To top it off--geez, I hope it's topping off--the sneakers I bought (and paid seventy bucks for) are too snug, so I have to take them back. That's opposed to the last pair, which were too big. 

 

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hard to believe they wouldn't squeeze you in. I've been on time at my eye doctor's office and always had to sit and wait for 30 minutes. Did U tell them the problem you had and that you're 100 years old? LOL. What would Uber cost?...And they don't always run on time. Maybe Jim could drive you at a later time.

Pat said...

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...