Saturday, October 02, 2021

Friday

The T.O.P.S. discrepancy is getting odder and odder. I weighed 126.8 at home for a loss of 1.6 pounds--and 126.9 at T.O.P.S., for a gain of .04! Now that makes no sense at all. Before, I knew the scales weighed somewhat differently, but they were consistant: If one said I had gained or lost a certain amount, the other did, also. Now...who knows?

Unless...to be honest, I'm not sure our weight mistress is always calculating correctly. For some strange reason, she does it with a pen and paper--why in the world she doesn't use the calculator on her phone is beyond me. That's Bobbi, who picked me up. On the way home, she told me about her sad home situation. Her husband has a number of ailments, including constant pain in his back and is getting more and more morose and negative. He won't see a therapist and it's a terrific strain for Bobbi to be with him 24/7, which she is. I can understand, as I went through somewhat of the same travail when Pat was so sick. I just listened and sympathized--there's really no solution or good answer for this, which so many of us go through. 

After breakfast--which I didn't get until 10:30--I walked down Victoria to the dry cleaners at Montalvo Square, about a mile and a half to take my very light jacket. I was stunned that the charge was $15.49--unbelievable and that's a good reason why I rarely buy anything that can't be washed. However, I left it and bused home.

Had a late lunch, then talked to Jim. I told him about the two new books I had gotten and he'll be here for lunch today so we can discuss them. 

Ellen picked me up at 5:00 and off we went to Stephen's Greek Restaurant. Greg got there just as we did, so that was good. Stephen's isn't a favorite of mine, but they like it and we had such a good time talking, I didn't care where I was. I asked El to take me to a different branch of The Market before she took me home to see if they had the rice cakes I like. They did, finally, and I got some, plus blueberries.

I had just walked in when Julie called. She has returned from "the desert" (up north) where she inherited a house from her sister, who recently died. She's going to sell it, but had some contractors to talk to there. She asked if I'd like her to take me to the farmers market in Channel Islands on Sunday. Well, I would, but I had promised Vickie I'd be available if the person taking care of Mary needs me, so I had to decline. I told her I'd contact Vera to see if we're going to meet on Monday for Soaring Spirits.   

I got an invitation for the Dudley Docents Fall Meeting--a pot luck and a talk on "Victorian Gardens" on October 13 at 6:30. I want to go and will ask Jim if he's like to; he has twice before. If not, I'll ask Julie; I definitely want to be there, as I haven't seen many of these people for more than a year. Not sure what I'll take--maybe crystal pickles or some kind of apple dessert.  


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...