Sunday, October 24, 2021

Saturday, Stamps, And Sneakers

 As planned, Jim picked me up at 11:00 and we went to the stamp show at Dudley House. (I've never seen so many stamps in my life, except in Shari's garage.) I got a number of them for my grandson, the little stamp collector in Tokyo and enjoyed seeing so many children there. There were free booklets and catalogs, too, and I got some of them. Left a donation for the club.

At home, Jim and I went over the stamps, picking out those I thought Mr. K. would like most and trying to avoid duplicates. I didn't want to sent all of them, plus I'm going to have to be judicious about what printed matter I should send, as postage is so pricey to Japan. 

We had lunch, then Jim suggested we go to Kimball Park to the little lending library there. We did and I left off some DVDs and acquired three books. He didn't see anything he wanted, but will check now and then. 

We went back to Dudley House so Shari could postmark my packet to Japan. I wasn't entirely clear on it--Shari had said it was good to good, but that seemed questionable. I knew the post office was open until 3:00, so asked Jim to drive there. I checked and yes, it was good to go. 

Ellen's coming over to bring my large suitcase, which was stored in her shed, then we'll go to lunch. I'll ask her to drop me off at Famous Footwear so I can yet again take back my sneakers and try another pair. Third time's a charm, I hope.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...