Thursday, October 21, 2021

Wednesday

Busy day. Did a lot of what I call "business chores" (monkey business) in the morning, including sending a check to Bob Szabo for closing off the sprinklers at my house; sending the water bill to my tenants; calling Access Van to tell them I have a new debit card and to transfer my balance from the old number, emailing Mike about new mail for Paula. (The only reason I list it here is for reference.)

After breakfast, I walked to Wal-Mart (sleep aid), then The Market (veggies), and bused back. Lunched, then bused to Office Depot for printer ink. Walked from there to Famous Footwear for new sneakers, which for me are everyday walking shoes. Not sure if I'll keep them, as they may be a little big. The problem is, nines are a bit tight and nine and a halfs are a bit loose. Maybe I'll wear thicker socks in Jersey.

While at famous, I fell into conversaiton with a woman named "Jai" (it's combination of her first, middle, and last names, something like Janet Irene Iberia). We're almost the same age and we talked about a variety of topics, including dentistry. She lives in Ojai and is on Facebook. I gave her my card and hope to see more of her.  

I called Jim after dinner and invited him go to the stamp show at Dudley House on Saturday, then come here for lunch. He accepted and will pick me up at 11:00.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...