Monday, October 25, 2021

Sunday

I was charmed to see that the Ventura Star in its travel section, recommended a trip to Singapore; article mentioned the charming atmosphere and said it was especially interesting for children. I tried to copy to send Mike, but wouldn't go. Okay, I cut it out and sent it the old-fashioned way: the actual article, through the mail.  

Ellen came about noon, bringing my big suitcase. We then went to the Japanese restaurant in the Von's shopping center and had a really good lunch. I had chicken teriyaki and deep-fried vegetables, plus a Sapporo (Japanese beer). It was excellent and there was so much, I took half home for dinner. I was surprised that it was relatively inexpensive.

After, El took me to the Hill Street library to leave three books, then to Famous Footwear to yet again try to get sneakers that fit. I got a pair and hope they prove to be okay. After home and stowing my food in the fridge, El to drop me at California Street in town. She did, we said goodbye, and I walked Main. It was a beautiful day and it was good to see the street crowded with people having a good time. I stopped to admire a particular display of art on leather and was amazed when the woman painter said, "I know you--you used to walk Kimball!" It was Shelly, whom I used to meet with her little dog, Joey, every morning at the park. I love her work and here's her info:



Got home at 5:30 and went over to chat with Suzanne. We had a good talk and she offered to take me to Five Points to get the Airporter Shuttle on Sunday. I have to leave at 6:30 am and since she's an early riser like me, she seemed to think it was no big deal. Good, Ellen had said she'd do it, but she'd have to drive an hour or so total and this is much better.  However, I have a dilemma with the Airporter back; hope I can resolve it today. 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...