Thursday, October 28, 2021

Real ID And The Roman Catholic Church

Called Julie to tell her I wanted to take her out; we'll go to breakfast after T.O.P.S. tomorrow. I'll then ask her to stop at Sheri's to pick up the little glasses I dropped at the stamp club.

I'm trying to find out if what I was issued, a "Senior Citizen Identification Card" is the same as a Real I.D. It guess it's moot, anyway, as the requirement for a Real I.D. to travel domestically has been extended to May, 2023. I'd like to know, though, and the DMV site, unhelpful as ever, doesn't seem to address this.* 

Jim came for lunch and we had a lively discussion about why sisters don't live in convents anymore. I then asked him to drop me off at Wal-Mart, which he did and where I exchanged the unmentionables I had bought for the ones I like better. I'm sick of those Hanes that all the old ladies wear and got briefs that are silky and snug.

Bused home from Wal-Mart, then Suzanne and I sat outside for our Happy Hour (she non-alcoholic O'Doul's, I, iced tea) and had a lively and very in-depth discussion about the convent thing and the Catholic church in general. We also hit on homosexuality and sex in general, believe it or not. I can't even imagine talking that way with any of the religious I knew as a kid. I'm lucky to live next to her.

I saw I had nothing on the calendar for today, so called Noreen to see if she could do lunch. Yes, indeed, and she'll pick me up, then we'll go to Two Trees. Donna lives nearby, so I'll ask Noreen to pick up my yearbook.

*Coincidentally, Jim called about after dinner to ask how long it had taken to get my Real ID. He completed the application last week and thought it was taking a long time to come. In light of the disgraceful U.S. Postal Service, I thought he should give it another week, then call. I told him about my talk with Suzanne and we continued the theme for  more than a half-hour. Jim himself--wonders will never cease--suggested the three of us get together and I happily agreed. I'll ask them for dinner when I get back to town. He also said he was going to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and that's good.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...