Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Monday

Last week was Fun Week, with eating out with friends every single day, and now, I have to turn my attention to my trip.  I don't want to go into detail, but I had a list of people and places to contact: brother Larry, niece Joan, CVS Caremark, Blue Shield OTC, the endocrinologist, Bank of America, Amazon, and Spirit Airlines--and several of them were resolving problems or potential problems. I still have a list of contacts to plow through, plus several other tasks, but at least I put a dent in it. 

I did get my flights to and from Florida and decided to skip the side trip to my niece's. Happily, that turned out fine, as she called to say she and Jim would drive or take a train to Larry's while I'm there, so I'll get to see her. Larry said he has two empty bedrooms, and they'll probably stay over at least one night--it'll be good to see them.  

Now I want to get new sneaks, have some keys made, and catch up with other various and sundry. However, I have to keep reminding myself I have two weeks to do all this stuff. I always think I have to hurry, hurry, hurry, and get everything done or the world will come to an end. But it won't.

A-N-N-D...later in the day, good things happened. Niece Carolyn called to say her brother, Wes, had blown in from Chicago with his girlfriend and would like to see me. When? Well, today, which happens to be his birthday. Great--I'll take the bus, they'll pick me up at the courthouse and we'll have an enjoyable time. I have a card and I think I'll pick up a bottle of wine on my way out.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...