Friday, October 22, 2021

Hassles

One of those up and down days: The sneakers I bought on Wednesday were really too big, so I reluctantly decided to return them. Walked to Telephone Road, then bused to Famous Footwear and got a smaller size and different style, which I really don't like as much, but oh, well. Walked from there to Office Max (or Depot) to show the manager the seventeen dollar credit I received via email; he pointed out it went into effect yesterday, not Wednesday when I bought the ink. No big deal, anyway, I just want to be sure they had it in their system. Right next door is the new Aldi's Supermarket and I stopped in. It's okay--very clean and neat, of course, but I wasn't particularly impressed. I picked up some turkey lunchmeat and roles and will have them when Jim comes tomorrow.

Bused home, had lunch, then--unusual for me--lay down to take a nap. I've been sleeping very badly lately and was really tired. I had no sooner fallen asleep than I was awakened by a call from Bianca, the apartment manager oops, "community director." She said she hadn't received my rent for September and was missing my utilities payment. Now, I have my rent automatically paid on the first of the month and as soon as I receive the (separate) utilities bill, which varies month by month, I pay it on-line, so how could this happen? I told Bianca I'd look into it, did so, and printed out the activity on my bank account. As far as I could see, all was up to date. I copied the payment list and took it over to the office; Bianca said she look into it, so I left it there.

Home, I got involved with my continuing problem with Blue Shield over-the-counter benefit. This is another load of crapola I hate dealing with and I don't even want to outline the problem here. Anyway, as I was on the phone wiht the OTC people, Bianca called to say she had looked over the numbers and--I don't even remember what else, as I said I'd be over in fifteen minutes. I got nowhere with the OTC people and finally hung up, after being put on hold. Took my copy of the rent payments, etc. over to the office, only to find that Bianca had left--damn!  I told the temp filling in for what's-her-name I'd see Bianca at 11:00 today. I then found a voice mail from Bianca, which confuses things further.  

Called Ellen when I got home because I was so frazzled and upset. Happily, after tell her my tale of woe and having her sympathize, then hearing about her day, I felt much better. I actually have a good life and just have to quit being so paranoid about every little thing. Okay, I'll reform.   

I just got up, having set the alarm for 5:00--much too early--because the Access Van is picking me up at 7:00 for my 8:15 eye doc appointment in Camarillo. If this isn't a nap day, there's no such thing. 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...