Saturday, October 16, 2021

Friday

Ellen called at 7:15 am. When I saw her name on my phone, I was alarmed--my usual "it must be bad news" reaction--but she wanted to let me know Suz Montgomery had died and there was a good article in the local section. I had already known that, but was glad she had called.

Julie picked me up for T.O.P.S. and we had the usual casual meeting; only we two, plus Sharon and Lora were there. (I weighed in at 127.6 at home, so up .04 and 128.5 at the meeting, so up 1.3. If these scales ever agree, I'll collapse on the spot.) Anyway, it was reasonably enjoyable. Sharon brought dried carrots she had gotten at Dollar Tree. Dried carrots? Intriguing and one of these days, I'll buy some.

Lora asked if I'd like to go with her to an estate sale on Donlan Street and sure, why not, but when we got there, we were told it will actually be over the weekend. I didn't care, as I enjoy so much talking to Lora. She's a travel agent and a very smart cookie.  One of these days, I'll surprise myself and everybody else and sign up for one of her tours. Lora suffers from migraines, but happily, has been helped a lot by Botox injections. She has some other life challenges, but handles them with a great deal of intelligence and élan. We agreed to do lunch sometime next week.

I didn't get breakfast until 10:30, but that was okay. I changed and got to Lure for lunch with Noreen a little early, I gave her the little skit I had worked up for her T.O.P.S. meeting (hers has a whopping 18 or 20 members) and she brought something she had written that had to do with a ghost, a witch, and a clown. She had wanted me to re-do it, but I begged off. If she had a copier--or, for that matter, used the Internet or a computer at all--it would be one thing, but she doesn't. I regretfully told her I had a lot to do before my trip and I just didn't want to take this on. She understood and thanked me for the Dolly Dimple skit. We then had a long conversation about, of all things, sex, but I'm not going to repeat it here.   

While we were eating, Jim called to confirm he's coming to lunch today. Yes, at 12:30, and I hope his difficulties at work aren't wearing on him as much. Here's the obit for Suze:

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/ventura/2021/10/15/suz-montgomery-longtime-ventura-activist-and-educator-dies-73/842371600


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...