Saturday, October 30, 2021

Friday

Julie picked me up for T.O.P.S. and we had a reasonably good session. Bobbi, Lennie, and Sharon were also there. I was surprised to have lost some; at home, I went to 126.2 for a loss of 1.4 and at T.O.P.S. to 126.8 for a loss of 1.7. After, I treated Julie to breakfast at the popular place on Main Street, name of which I always forget.  I had scrambled eggs and sausage, which came with toast and hash browns, plus the best coffee I ever tasted. I was pleased that Julie didn't stint because I was paying; she had waffles topped with two easy-over eggs (a bizarre combination if you ask me), toast and milk. Anyway, we sat outside under a kind of tent and it was lovely.

After, she took me to Shari's where I picked up the glasses I had dropped at the stamp show. The view from their front steps was, as I remember, spectacular; you could see the whole city, plus a big stretch of the Pacific and the Channel Islands.

Home and Suzanne stopped to give me a candy apple for Halloween, which I put it in the freezer. It's not that I'm so virtuous weight-wise, but in truth, I don't really like them, plus they're a little hard for me to eat--but no matter, it was nice of her.

I then took everything out of both suitcases and arranged them better. I still have a few things to take care of, but the trip is shaping up well. Called Kim W., my R.E. agent in Little Egg, to discuss my tenants' request and I made an appointment to see her in a few weeks.    

I was so stuffed from breakfast that I skipped lunch. Bused to the transit center, then walked to The Market on Loma Vista. Walked back and bused home. Again, Jim called after dinner and we talked for almost an hour. He wished me a wonderful time and repeated several times how he's going to miss me. He's a good friend and I'll keep in touch while I'm in Jersey.

Hoo-boy: I set the alarm for 4:15 and got up. I wanted to prepare for getting up that early tomorrow, but that was pretty dumb. Anyway, after my morning libations, it's now not quite five. Maybe I'll take a nap today...


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...