Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Getting ready for my company (Carolyn and Betty), I vacuumed the carpet and mopped the hard floors.  Cored, pared, and chopped six big apples, intending to put the apple crisp together this morning, but instead, I made the whole thing and put it in the fridge. When I got up, I took it out and will put it in the oven an hour or so before they come.

Walked to Four Seasons Cleaners to get my refund for the extra charge for the belt, then over to Wal-Mart. I thought I'd buy an inexpensive pair of ballerinas to wear with my rather dressy slacks. They had them on their web site, but not in the store, and it's no big deal, I'll wear something else.

Home, and I opened the fridge to pour a glass of soda. But what--? It wasn't very cold and--AAGH! I couldn't hear the fridge motor running. Damn--and I'm having company today! Called Bianca right way and she sent Tory over. He checked, didn't hear anything either and when I said something like "damn, I'm having company"--mild for me--he very belligerently said "I was off and came back when Bianca called me--I'm supposed to be somewhere else." His attitude is crappy and I was thinking about complaining to Bianca, but the hell with it. Later, Bianca called to say Troy was going to eat dinner, then would be back to put in a borrower. But--later still, I checked and the damn thing is working--both freezer and refrigerator. Called Bianca back to tell her not to send Troy after he eats, He can come this morning and hopefully, it will still be working. 

Carolyn texted to see if she can invite Girl Dana (C.'s husband is Boy Dana) to come today, too, and sure, she can--the more the merrier. Dana used to live near Carolyn in Santa Barbara, now lives in Ventura, and they've remained friends. Just got up (6:15) and when I went out to get  my paper, Suzanne met me at the door to give my ice cream back. 

So what's that old saying? "God's in his heaven, all's right with the world."  Okay--until the next crises.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...