Saturday, October 09, 2021

Friday

I wasn't going to be at T.O.P.S. because of my doctor's appointment, but I did my usual home weigh-in. At 127.2, I had gained a smidgen--.04, but I'm not concerned. 

Julie picked me up and took me to the appointment. She insisted on waiting for me, although I could easily have bused home. She had brought a book, though, and luckily, the appointment didn't take long, then she took me home.

I like Dr. Lazzarotto a lot--much more than Dr. Jennings--and she and I had a good rapport. I don't mean we chatted like pals; I don't need my doctor to be a pal, just a good doctor. Of course, she's younger than my youngest child (most of them are, I guess), but I don't want some old quack, anyway. The only thing I had that was very interesting was, I guess, the planters wart I had. I showed it to her and she treated it with  carbon dioxide, what we used to call "dry ice."  Come to think of it, that's not very interesting, either.

When I got home, I called the Ocean County Clerk's office, since I have to somehow get Pat's name off my house deed. I went 'round and around with the woman I spoke to--I'm not sure if I just didn't get it or if she's an idiot. I'll see if I can consult somebody else.

Went to town after lunch. Didn't go into any shops, just explored here and here, including the San Buenaventura Mission and Basilica.  The church was open and I went in there and in the garden--very serene and other-worldly. 

Next week is shaping up to be pretty busy. I have lunch at Rumfish with Julie and her friend, Amy on Monday; the Ventura Woman's Club luncheon* on Tuesday; the Dudley House Covered Dish with Jim on Wednesday; and lunch with Donna Z. on Thursday. Friday is T.O.P.S. and I hope all those outings aren't going to show! 

Jim will be over for lunch today and I have a surprise for him, which I will reveal here tomorrow. He'll either be pleased or annoyed, I'm not sure which.

*I'm not a member, but Julie is and she invited me.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...