Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Lots Going On, Plus Leashes And Leases

My friend, Noreen, called early to ask if I'd share something I had written for T.O.P.S. , as she's working up a kind of Halloween skit for her group. I looked up a skit and will give her a re-worked copy of what I had done a year or two ago. It's a verse concerning Dolly Dimple, who needs to lose some of her five hundred plus pounds and her inner selves, Slenderella and Gobble. It's cute, but I want to revise a bit for Noreen. We also made a date for lunch at Lure Fish House on Friday--which means I have social engagements every day this week. I added Saturday when I'm going to a stamp club affair for children to get some stamps for Mr. K., who has started collecting. As for Sunday--see below.

Julie picked me up at 12:30 and we drove to town where we picked up Amy. I had the idea Amy was about my age--well, no, nobody above ground is that old--or at least, Julie's age (68). But Amy just turned 51, looks about 35, very slender, very, very attractive. Short bio: She's an artist (oils and sculping), husband died a year ago; he was 71 and she was his fifth wife. Horribly enough, she woke up to hug him good morning and he was cold beside her in bed--dead with no warning (heart attack). I found it interesting that he had taught philosophy (must tell Jim) at Penn State, where they lived before California. He retired, then played guitar, both with a band and solo in clubs and other venues around the area. Amy is having a very difficult time dealing with his death, especially since his children--one of whom is an attorney--are causing all kinds of problems with his estate--no will!  Anyway, we ate at Rumfish and had some serious and satisfying talk. Julie drove me home after (I'll go to a women's club luncheon with her today) and I actually took a short nap. 

Then Ellen came to pick up her plant and stayed for a good Mom/darling daughter chat. Walked her to her car where my neighbor, Margaret (an eighth-grade math teacher) was just coming home and I introduced them. 

Later in the evening, Suzanne came over and we talked about the dog situation. A synopsis: Several residents are letting their dogs run loose on the grassy area next to my kitchen and patio windows every single day. There are always four dogs out there, two rather large, two smaller. Suzanne said a resident she knows named Debbie has a small dog which she always keeps on a leash (that requirement is in the lease here) is concerned about this, as she's afraid the other dogs could harm her small one--plus knock her over, of course. Debbie brought the problem to manager Bianca who, incredibly enough, told her she'd have to call the county animal control office. She did and naturally, they told her that, since it's private property, it was up owners or their representative to handle it. Today, I'm going to go over to emphasize to Bianca that this situation has to be remedied. (Incidentally, there is a fenced-in dog area here.) If she tries to weasel out of it, I'm going to tell her if one of these dogs should knock me over, I'm going to sue not only the owners of the dog and the owners of the complex, but her personally.    

As for Sunday's outing, Suzanne invited me for a seaside walk in Oxnard, plus lunch, so natch, I accepted. 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...