Thursday, October 14, 2021

Wednesday

Called BOA to report my lost debit card and they'll issue another, of course. Walked from there up Victoria and bused part of the way back, but to the post office. Bought stamps and walked home. I was determined to organize my new tummy/fanny pack better and took everything out. I knew I had done this before, but darned if I didn't find the debit card. Called the bank back, but it had already been deactivated, of course, so I'll just wait for the new one to come. I use it about as rarely as I use cash, but it's handy now and then.

After lunch, I spent quite a bit of time continuing to revise and add to "Dolly Dimple." I'll see Noreen for lunch tomorrow and will give it to her then. Since there are three characters, I made three copies for her. 

I want to call my brother, Larry, because I'll fly down to Florida from Jersey during my visit. I'd also like to visit others, including my Blogger Buddy, Pat. R. I'll call soon to see what we can arrange. 

Jim picked me up at 6:15 and we went off to the Dudley House potluck. (Didn't feel like making anything, so I just brought some Cabernet Sauvignon.) The food was good, the wine, too, and the program interesting (Victorian gardens), and I greatly enjoyed seeing my old acquaintances. I told Lynn, the docent director, I'd like to jump back in after the new year. I'll have to re-memorize my script--or at least the highlights. I'll see Shari, who's kooky as ever, next Saturday at the stamp club thing.

I noticed that Jim seemed pretty down--well, he's not the cheery type ordinarily, but this was unusual--and he told me about problems at work. Before we went into the meeting, we sat in the car and talked about it. I really feel for him and I hate and despise the system that put a 78-year-old man in this predicament. Invited him for lunch on Saturday, and he'll let me know. I honestly fear for my friend.   


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...