Thursday, April 22, 2021

Botanical Gardens

 I enjoyed the day, I guess because it was different from the usual. Got to City Hall and met Stella at 10, then trekked up to the Botanical Gardens. What a lovely place and what an invigorating climb!  I'm not sure what the actual grade is, but it was just challenging enough. Gorgeous views and lovely flowers, especially the daisies, which I love. There were some varieties and combinations of colors I had never seen before. 

We probably hiked upward about two hours, then down. Stella has an app on her phone that records miles and our total was two something. I suggested we have lunch at Finney, which we did.  We walked to it, as it's just below on Main Street. Stella and I had some good discussions involving our childhoods and personality quirks; her fears and worries and what seems like paranoia drive me crazy. I, of course, am the soul of calm and virtuous rectitude--HA! I know my impatience and angry reactions to various annoyances disturb her and I often apologize. Actually, though, we were honest with each other and that was good.

After lunch, we went to WinCo and I was able to pick up the tilapia I had wanted. Stella is looking for Lysol Concentrate, which she hasn't be able to find anywhere. Every other Lysol product was at WinCo, but not that. I told her I'd look it up on-line and when I got home, I did. Finally found it at  the Ace Hardware in Ojai and called to tell her.   

Here's Stella looking over one of the lovely vistas we encountered:



No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...