Saturday, April 10, 2021

Friday

Weight stayed the same at home (127.8) and was up .01 (128.5) on the T.O.P.S. scale. I rushed home after getting weighed, so I could change clothes and have breakfast before 9:30. Did so and was ready for Suzanne, who took me to Wal-Mart to get the 30-gallon container...

...except they had no more! They had had FIVE of them when I was there on Wednesday, but they were all gone.  Asked somebody to check to see if they had any in the back, but no. He checked to see if they had any in Oxnard and they did, but I didn't went to ask Suzanne to drive there. Dejectedly, I went out to tell her and she suggested herself that we go to Oxnard. We did and I finally got it--YAY!

This is a thirty-gallon, but it's anything but too large. I spent all morning and part of the afternoon on finding, consolidating, and organizing my acting stuff and what a job. I'm still not finished, but at least I put a big dent in it. 

After lunch, I bused to town (had to get out). At the Santa Paula Animal Rescue thrift store, I came upon a real find: a nice wicker-like box thing with a lid that's exactly the right size to fit next to my dresser. I already have a less attractive one there, but I'm going to clear that out and get rid of it. 

Ellen called about 5:00 and we had a good talk. She invited me over for lunch tomorrow--we'll go out, I'm thrilled to say--and of course, I'm happy about that. 

I haven't spoken to Jim since exactly a week ago when he was here for lunch. I'm just going to see if he'll have the initiative to call me, instead of, as it's always been, me calling him. 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...