Friday, April 30, 2021

Thursday

AAGH! I just looked at yesterday's post and saw I had forgotten to delete the bit about the name "Ojai" and... But the hell with it and I'm going on with Thursday. 

Slept well again (maybe I should move in) and got up at my usual 6:30, feeling good. Tidied up a bit after breakfast, then decided to help my darling daughter out by cleaning this and that. Did so, interspersed with computer games. 

After lunch, I decided to ride the Ojai Trolley into town. Visited some stores and stopped at Rain's Department Store, which I've always liked. Walked a bit, but damn, it was hot, in the higher eighties. So-o-o, I took a bus into west Ventura. On the way, niece Carolyn called, but it's so noisy on my end, I waited until I got in to call her. We had a sad talk about my dear sister's and her dear mother's decline. 

Stopped at a store and bought a little soap dish, then just bussed right back to Ojai. It was after 6:00 when I got in and the poor kitties were both waiting at the door, anxious for dinner. I fed them first, then me, and, violating my rule of never drinking alone, had a beer with dinner. Oh, mama, was that good.

Ellen called and said they probably will stay in Santa Barbara until Tuesday. That's  okay by me, but I need to go home and get more provisions; will do that today .

  

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...