Sunday, April 18, 2021

Jim And Jeanne

 Took some mail to the P.O. early--too early, as it turned out, as it doesn't open until 10:00 on Saturday and I was there at 9:40. No prob, I just walked around the block. 

Mailed the stuff, then went home to prepare for Jim's visit. That consisted of nothing much, as he brings his own lunch. He came at 1:00 and we had an enjoyable time. Jim mentioned some problems he had with Facebook--and he isn't even on Facebook. I just don't feel like going into the long and involved story, but he and I went in the other room to look some things up about it. The "other room" is my bedroom.

I was slightly uncomfortable about that, but that's probably silly. Jim and I have never been anything but  friends--real friends, not Facebook "friends." Anyway, he showed me what he was talking about that and I said I'd consult my son about it.

Jim left a bit before 4:00 and I just hung out. It seemed too late to bus somewhere and I didn't feel like walking, so hopped around (figuratively speaking) on the Internet until 6:00 and dinner.  

Big surprise: Jeanne Dollard Painter called me about 7:00. She said she's still in Florida, but she and John and going back to Jersey in a few days, then he's going to Lake George and she's "taking a breather" for a week or so. John is now 92 and drinks a lot. Jeanne is 85 and--well, interesting. And hour after we said goodbye, she called me again. Said she had forgotten to tell me about her brother suddenly finding that he has a daughter and granddaughter. She also texted me pictures of a wedding--not sure who's, as she had a lot of siblings. She slurred her words a lot and I'm hoping she was drunk, rather than having a neurological episode. 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...