Saturday, April 03, 2021

Easter Friday

Home: 127.8, so up .08; T.O.P.S. 128.5, so up by about a quarter pound, but I'm not concerned. Only Lolly, Lennie, and I were there and we stayed talking for a half-hour or so. I walked Lolly to her car and she surprised me with a gift: a bottle of vodka. I had forgotten that when we had lunch the other day, she mentioned putting vanilla beans in vodka to make vanilla for baking. I said I'd like to do this and she said she had two bottles of vodka (she seldom drinks) and would give me one. She did and I appreciate it.

Had breakfast late, as ever on Fridays, then was delighted to get a call from my "Cincinnati Sis," my cousin, Marifran. She had come across a St. Patrick's day card to Aunt Maggie from my mother. She found it in her mother's things, but why Aunt Frances has it is a mystery. She said she'd sent it to me, then we talked for almost an hour. I don't appreciate it enough, but I should: I'm so lucky to be part of this big extended family of ours. 

Went to Vons for a bunch of stuff and ran into Suzanne, who was trying out her new Sketchers. Unfortunately, they bother her leg (she has fibro neuralgia), but she'll offer it up, I guess.  Later, I gave her a container of yogurt that had been free for me at Von's. Also asked if she'd take me to Wal-Mart today, so I can get a big container to store my acting paraphrenia in Ellen's shed. Said she would and we'll go at 9:30.   

Ellen called--happy day, she got her second Moderna shot, so if all goes well, she'll be here for Easter. Even if she has a reaction, it shouldn't last two days. We decided she'd come about 1:00, we'd have Margaritas, then linner--or dunch. That is, we'll eat about 3:00. I told her I'd provide it: think I'll just get rolls, cold cuts, and some sides, plus dessert.

I charged my phone and it takes so long, I just hung out most of the afternoon. I did take a walk all around the inside of the complex, so about a mile, I guess. Geez, I was so idle, it felt like Sunday. At least, I did sleep pretty well and have been lately. Jim will be here for lunch today, so that'll be good. Must clean up a bit before he arrives.




No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...