Monday, April 12, 2021

Lunch With Ellen

After breakfast I disassembled most of my carefully packed container. I'm determined to make it lighter and I'm pretty sure how to do it. 

Left for the bus stop at 10:15 and got to Ellen's in Ojai at 12:30. It's remarkable how the temperature changes from Ventura to Ojai; it was pretty chilly when I left home and and it must have been twenty degrees warmer at El's. 

We sat and talked for a bit, played with the kitties (who are getting much friendlier), then walked to Lemon Something (?) for lunch. I had a good chicken wonton salad, plus an IPA, El a Margarita pizza, which she shared. Yum, and it was so nice to sit outside in the lovely sunshiny patio.

We walked back and settled down to watch the first part of The Crown. I found it, in equal parts, interesting and absolutely infuriatingly idiotic, so enjoyed it. Stella called while I was at El's to ask if I wanted to go for a three-mile walk, I explained where I was and said maybe on Wednesday and I'd call her later.

I had called the Access Van to take me home, although I could easily have taken the bus. El took me to Von's, which I was picked up. I was pleased to see driver Chris, whom I've had before, and we chatted all the way home.

I'm now watching Evita and greatly enjoying it. Even better, I slept soundly through the night, so am hoping the waking-up siege is over.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...