Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Star, Soda, And Stella

After breakfast, I removed most of what was in the big container, organized the scripts and other paperwork related to my acting classes, and decided to store them here, instead of at Ellen's. I now have room on my closet shelf, so they fit--also, the container is now easy to move.

I then spent about an hour with the Ventura County Star, trying to figure out the bill pay problem that's been going on for a long time. I don't even want to explain the ins and outs, but I contacted Gannett Newspapers and heard back from someone would get in touch. 

It felt so good to walk to the market after--just to get out was a treat. Got broccoli and diet Coke. I don't drink much soda, but in the late afternoon, if I'm on the laptop, I like a small glass. When I got home, I found the bottles of soda didn't fit in the fridge, so I tried to lower the top shelf. I couldn't. I looked on-line for information, got some, tried it, and I still couldn't. Called an appliance store in Oxnard and the woman was very nice, but she didn't know, either.The upshot was that I got the damn shelf out, but when I lowered it and put it back, it left a gap in the back of about two inches. AAGH! Oh, the hell with it, I'm just going to try not to put anything small on the top shelf.

Called Stella back and we talked for--well, for too long, by my lights; we really have little in common. She wants to walk with me, but I begged off for this week, telling her I had a lot to do. True, to an extent, but I could have made time. Just can't tolerate hearing about some of her phobias. The world can be a scary place, it's true, but people don't have to emphasize that to the exclusion of its wonder and fun. However, I don't want to hurt her feelings, so asked her to call me next week and we'd plan a walking date. 


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...