Sunday, April 04, 2021

Saturday

Good grief, I did it again--labelled yesterday's post "Easter Saturday" when it was Friday. Losing it, I guess.

Suzanne took me to Wal-Mart at 9:30 and wouldn't you know, they had none of the container on wheels I wanted. Talked to somebody who looked it up and said they'd get more in next week and should be out on the 6th or 7th. Okay, I'll check then.

I got an email from my niece to the effect that a Zoom meeting is planned for brother Jim and Therese in Bangkok. Looks as if lots of nieces and nephews and so on will be included. I'm not too crazy about the cast-of-thousands idea. It's one thing if it's a seminar or other planned program with a speaker and audience, but for a gathering like this, it's awkward, I think. However, of course, I'll participate.  Also got a text message from other niece, asking if I would let brother Larry know. I called him and we had a good talk; also sent him the email with the link. 

Video messaged cousin Marifran because my return email didn't go. She said that happens a lot. I enjoyed seeing her and we had another nice chat. Called El and happily, she seems not to have gotten a bad reaction from the second COVID shot.

Jim came at 1:00 and we had our usual session, talking over a variety of topics. He left at quarter of four, at which point I went over to Von's to get an Easter meal for Ellen and me. Not exactly in the traditional mode, I bought already-made lasagna, Hawaiian rolls, salad fixings, and Ben & Jerry's Karma sutra, which includes fudge and caramel. El's bringing the important stuff: the Margaritas and hard-boiled, dyed eggs. 

Mike video-messaged me and I had a wonderful time interacting with the Singapore quartet. Oops, I mean quintet, because I was treated to the meows of one of their cats. Snickerdoodle speaks up often and very loudly, with a noise like a rusty garden gate. So funny!     


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...