Tuesday, April 27, 2021

In Ojai At Ellen's

Here I am at Ellen's in Ojai. Got here about noon yesterday, as the Access Van was early. No prob, though. El gave me a good Bistro MD lunch and it was accompanied with a Blue Moon (I didn't realize I had left several beers at her place) and good talk. The kitties are as lively and curious as ever--or more so--and I got settled in while El washed her hair. 

She didn't leave for Santa Barbara until 5:00, after which I called Nancy and Carolyn to tell them I won't be "conducting" our Happy Hour Tuesday today. Actually, there's no reason why I can't, but I wanted to give it a rest, anyway. I asked both of them (individually) if they'd like to meet me for lunch today, but both declined. Nancy: "Richard and Erin don't want me to." Carolyn: "I've been inside for a year and I don't want to chance going out yet."* 

After dinner (I had brought turkey stir-fry), I watched TV. That included some of A Star Is Born, (the Garland version), part of an Andy Griffith, some of something else, and a snippet of MSM.* All that was accidental; I still haven't mastered the T.V. controls.  

I've always found Ellen's guest bed so comfortable and last night was no exception: Slept like a log and feel good this morning.

* This quote comes to mind: "How they cling to the very chains that bind them." I used to apply that to the Church, but it fits here, too, I think. 

** As for MSM, I was amazed. Having skipped what passes for news on television for more than a year, I wasn't prepared for the extreme bias of the neo-lib "commentators." In newspapers, it's been evident for some time (yesterday's front-page headline in the Ventura Star was simply a teenagy gush of admiration for Biden's first 100 days), but that doesn't even come close to the garbage that was on MSM. It was a Trump bashing--by name and no innuendo allowed--by two men, one of whom I presumed was the "anchor." I understand the other side is represented by Fox News and that channel's as biased against democrats. The mind reels...     



No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...