Sunday, April 11, 2021

Saturday

 Well, things are looking up: Jim called at 8:00 am, asking how I've been and asking about a lunch meeting (I don't want to write "date.) I was very pleased and we decided on that very day--yesterday. He came at 1:00 as usual and stayed until close to 4:00 after our usual gabfest (now, that's up-to-date slang--or would have been in a 1940s Silver Screen). I walked him out, then took off for the 99-cent store to get white tissue paper. They had none, so I walked further to Wal-Mart and got it there.

I had texted Carolyn about seeing Betty and we decided on Tuesday. That means Nancy, Carolyn, and I won't have our Happy Hour, but frankly, for me, it's no great loss. It had been getting tedious for some time trying to think of things to say to people who don't do much.

Aside from that, I ran out to Von's for romaine, after spending most of the rest of the day continuing my stowing of the acting/impersonating stuff. Boy, was it a chore, but I finally did it. I had an enormous number of pictures in frames and I took some out, then invited Suzanne over to take some, which she did. 

The problem now is that the container is so damn heavy, I actually don't think El and I can get it into her car. Hmm...I'll have to think about remedying that in some way.



No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...