Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Monday

At noon, having packed my lunch, I took off for town to return a blouse and buy another. It was very quiet, as it usually is at the beginning of the week, as I ate at my spot across from the mission, and enjoyed the lovely sun.

Bused home, watched a little of Cursed Bloodlines (the Romanov segment), then took a nap. Called Jim to give him the number and reservation information for the Access Van and we had a good talk. I was glad to hear that the doctor had postponed his procedure to the middle of August and that his friend will take him there and back. He seemed a little more with it, which was a relief; told him I'll have him over for lunch one of these days. 

Diane and I will meet for a lib lunch today and I'm looking forward to telling her all about the great visit of Frank's kids. On that topic: nephew Jim had been very interested in the following picture of my father, brothers, and Betty and me, which I had brought to show at Carolyn's on Saturday. Here it is, the patriarch and the younger Byrne clan on the Ventnor beach, c. 1939. Judging by the placement of the pier in the background, it looks like Newport Avenue:

I was able to enhance it a bit, and emailed Jim to say I would give him the hard copy if he'll send his address.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...