Saturday, July 06, 2024

Friday

Well, I'm back at my place. Yesterday, I packed up all my stuff--it's remarkable how much I used while staying over only two night--after straightening up the guest room a bit. El went out to get burritos at the Hip Vegan for our breakfast and boy, were they good. We said goodbye and the Access Van came about 11:00.

Home, I unpacked, disassembled, and put things away, which took a surprising amount of time. Went over to Von's for salmon, plant milk, blueberries, and several other items. In the late afternoon, I  indulged myself: poured a small glass of wine and took it and some pretzels to the patio, where I sat and read my book for 45 or so. 

My brother, Larry, had called when I was at Ellen's to say he'd like to come visit in September. One, or possibly more, of his daughters will come with him. I told him that would be great, but I'm going to Jersey in September, also. Called him back yesterday to discuss and we set a tentative time of a few days during the first two weeks of the month. He wants to see Betty, too, of course.

Violet is coming in next Friday and El will pick her up at LAX. She'll stay over that night, then go to camp for a month. Her sixteenth birthday is on the tenth when she'll be in the air, so El and I will take her out to dinner on Saturday. And that very same granddaughter is back from two weeks roughing it in Mongolia. They weren't allowed to bring their phones, but one of the girls (or boys) brought a regular camera and my daughter-in-law posted some great pictures:


\

Violet is the tall and beautiful girl on the right; she'll be sixteen next week. I can't imagine what it's like to be tall, but I've always wanted to be, as being short is a real pain in the you-know-what. 
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...