Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Monday

Because I didn't have time on Sunday, I did the big crossword yesterday. At first, I thought it was a dud, but later realized it was a good one--very absorbing and with a twist. I solved all but three, then walked away. Did a number of other minor chores--to wit:

1. Took the crystal pickles over to Vickie's; got a thank-you note from Suzanne for the same; 

2. Sent for three more Crypto-Families, the cryptogram puzzles I enjoy;

3. Sent Laura, my tenant, the water bill;

4. Set up my night meds in the containers;

5. Called Bobbi, my T.O.P.S. buddy, to see how her broken leg is doing. She's now able to walk without help, but has a P.T. come to supervise--or something.

Okay, these aren't "minor chores," but I also:

6. Texted older granddaughter, Vivian, to see how she likes her summer internship at Cornell and the surrounding area. She wrote back: "It's going really well! Definitely challenging, but in a good way and upstate New York is beautiful, the town of Ithaca is really pretty, there's lots of greenery and hiking and trails and stuff!"   

7. Showered and washed my hair in anticipation of dinner with the Soaring Spirits gang...

...speaking of: I left about 4:30, bused to Telephone, then took the 11 to the Stone Fire Grille for Soaring Spirits. It was a small group, consisting of Vera, Susan, Lendel, Renee, somebody whose name I forget, me, and--guess who? We were all amazed to see Donna, who met Mark at an S.S. lunch years ago and they've been married for eight years now. Donna's dad, Joe Rocca, graduated from Rider in the nineteen-forties and had lived in the Townehouse until his death a few years ago. Donna introduced me tot him and we visited back and forth. Donna and I had a fine reunion and, after a good talk session, she took me home. I gave her my card and we'll get together for lunch sometime.  

Lunch with Noreen at CafĂ© Fiore, downtown next to Lure. I haven't' been there for at least five years and thought we'd give it a try. 

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I remember skiing at ‘GreekPeak’ in Ithaca, NY…many moons ago. Gorgeous area. If I remember correctly Wes Johnson was a Cornell graduate.

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...