Sunday, July 14, 2024

Saturday

She's here! Ellen and Violet blew in at 12:30 and, after chatting and catching up, off we went to Raising Cane's, a fast food place V. had somehow heard about in Singapore. Because it was Saturday in Oxnard at the huge, incredibly busy mall, it was jammed, noisy, and a lot of fun. The chicken fingers weren't bad, however.

From there, El took us to the harbor, where we looked for seals, but didn't find any, and strolled around. Went to the small museum and otherwise enjoyed. Here's a pic of the two beauties and a raddled old lady: 

And two frogmen. (Yes, this was was at suggestion of the old lady):  
Just looking over the harbor, Violet with her volley ball jacket:
A height check; I think El is about five five(?) Violet inches higher:
After we left the harbor, we stopped at Crumbl, a cookie place I never even knew existed. El and Vi bought cookies and we took them back to my place. After indulging (I had only half of one), El and I chatted (actually, we had a lively discussion or maybe you could call it a heated debate. Topic? Abortion.), and the little darling fell sound asleep:
After a sixteen-hour plane trip and a full day, I'm amazed she lasted that long.

I made reservations with the Access Van and will get to El's about 9:00 this morning, as we're meeting nephew Betty's two, Wes and Carolyn for brunch at The Farmer And The Cook in Ojai. Checking the Messages back and forth just now, it may be be closer to lunch, but that's fine, too. Thought I'd skip breakfast, but now I think I'll indulge.  

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...