Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Monday

I'm having a lot of problems with the printer. Put the new ink in and a copy came out smeared. Darn, I wish I had my old printer back. Did a few other things--so important I can't remember what--then readied myself to meet Diane. 

We weren't supposed to meet for lunch (at the hospital) until 1:30, but I bused to the transit center and got there more than an hour early. It takes only about a half hour to walk to the hospital and Jim lives more or less on the way, so I called him, and said I'd like to stop in and say hello. He was agreeable and I did.

It's been a month or so since I saw Jim and he looks and acts not only considerably older, but is alarmingly thin. He said he thinks he's stayed the same, but I wouldn't be so sure about that. He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I told him he should mention his shortness of breath. He has never smoked, but that's an alarm signal, it seems to me.  We did have a pleasant enough chat, although his memory problems seems worse. While we were talking, Diane texted that she had gotten out of her dentist appointment early and was already at the hospital. I said goodbye to Jim, but will have him over for lunch sometime soon.

Got to the hospital, met up with Diane, and as ever, we enjoyed our long, long, marathon talk session. Left about 3:00 and walked together to the transit center. There we parted, she to bus home, I to stop at Target. I was puzzled when Diane texted me a few minutes after we parted to ask if I was taking an Uber. Why would she think that? Before I could answer, she called and we laughed over the fact that I had said I was going to get blueberries and she heard only what sounded like "get...uber...."

Vickie called about 7:00 to tell me she was watering Suzanne's patio; she didn't want me to be alarmed (I wouldn't have been), as I know Suzanne is still away. As for Suzanne, she posted a picture on Facebook--unusual for her--of her family reunion. She should now be up in Burlingame with her sister Sisters. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...