Saturday, July 13, 2024

Saturday

Yoicks, I was down 3.94 pounds at home and 3.2 at T.O.P.S., weighing in respectively at 123.6 and 124.5 (of course, I had skipped last week).  That made me the big loser--not too impressive since there  only Cheryl, Lennie, and me were there. Sharon had called me at 6:15 am (she knows I get up early) to say she's sick, Bev is in Alaska, Lora back in Portugal, and Bobbi, I don't know, I'll have to check. The non-regulars, Mary Ann and Maria haven't been attending in some time.

During the meeting, if you can call it that, I got a call from SCAN and we went all through the wrong pickup place problem, which seems to have to do with Uber or Lyft or the man in the moon. Anyway, the next time I call for the ride to the doc, I'll simply call the driver when he or she gets close (I get notified via text when they are) and tell him or her where to go. (I'd like to tell the damn insurance company where to go.)

Home at 10:00, breakfast, then I started on the chores and activities that essentially filled the whole day. I had gotten the crystal pickles out of the freezer and now prepared them to give Vickie and Suzanne. I had had some pretty "glass" (well, plastic) bowls and I filled both, then decorated them for V. and S.:  

I'd better give Suzanne hers today, as she's leaving on Tuesday for a family reunion, then to see her Sisters (of Mercy) in Burlingame; she won't be back until August 6. I'll pick up her mail and offer to water her big patio tree which she planted when she moved here 25 years ago. Vickie's birthday is on Wednesday, so I'll drop hers off, too. After all, she gave me the cucumbers they're made with (with which they're made, damnit!).

Maureen from Groendyke called, I'm happy to say, to tell me the error is straightened out with Orchid (that my house is not owner occupied) and she'll be sending me revised documents to sign electronically. Luckily, the cost will change by only a few dollars; actually, it'll be a few dollars less.  

Finally got my hair cut--went over to Great Clips at 2:00, then next door to Von's for coffee and ground turnkey, both on sale. Met up with Lorraine in the middle and we chatted. Hair looks okay, I guess. Got back and spent time tidying up in the garden. The geraniums are suddenly looking peaked, I'm afraid. I dead-headed and trimmed them, then gave them a Miracle Grow cocktail. Tore up some bread and scattered it, hoping maybe this time the birdies would eat it. I have my doubts.*  

I then tackled my bedroom. I had some large decorative boxes and wanted to trade them out for the fancy hatboxes in which (HA!) I had stored some items. I traded them off and I like these better. Will donate the others.   

Texted Ellen about 7:00, asking for a progress report. El wrote back that she was at LAX arrival area and the airport and Violet was due in five to 20 minutes. They must be in Ojai now--can't wait to see the teenage traveler! 

* Uh-huh, just now (6:00 am), I looked and the bread is gone--it's got to be squirrels or groundhogs. 

 


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...