Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Tuesday

Slept until 5:30 again, I'm happy to say. I'm also happy to say that Suzanne texted that she has tested negative, still feels a little tired, but is much better. Called Stella and she invited me to the botanic gardens--we'll go some day next week. Otherwise, did this and that, then made lunch and bused to town. I stopped in a few shops and found these wooden boxes at the thrift store:

I like the old fashioned look of them and have plenty of small items to store.

It was quiet in town and I enjoyed lunching at my usual place across from the mission. Home at 4:00 and, in my current lazy lady mood, watched T.V.--a story on the disappearances of gay men in Canada.

Talked to Ellen and she'll pick me up at 11:00, then we'll get Diane, then lunch at the Urbane Café. Because neither the buses nor the Access Van operate on the fourth, El suggested I stay over at her place on Friday, also. Okay, sounds good, but I must remember to call Cheryl to tell her I won't be going to T.O.P.S. tomorrow.

Darn, I forgot I have my suitcases stored in Ellen's shed; I'll see if she can bring the smaller one. Otherwise, I'll have to use one or both of my large cloth beach bags. 

1 comment:

iloveac said...

As a child I’d take the trolley/train over to Northfield to stay with my cousins. I took my clothes in a brown paper bag. Years later my Mother got me my own suitcase to go to nursing school. BTW, I like those boxes pictured above.

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...