Monday, July 29, 2024

More Traveling Memorial

Another prize from the Traveling Memorial and I was stunned, as I didn't remember this at all. However, I think it's just that my memory is faulty, as I'm pretty sure Marybeth and Frank wouldn't have neglected to ask permission. It was written 52 years ago:

                                                


July 6  5:30 am
1972
This is my last will and testament on the eve of Frank's and my departure to New York. Should it be God's will that anything should happen to us, I would like either of the following persons to raise our children in the love of God
Pat and Rosemary Molloy
Mike and Marcia Grimball
Paul and Kitty Geidler
My request (is) that they get all the love possible and a knowledge of our living nd true God. Everything will fall into place with God's help. In regard to material goods--if what is left after their support and upkeep, that is divided equally among the four!
With God we will pray for you daily--we are going on a Marriage Encounter mission only because we feel it is His Will!
With Love:
Matybeth Byrne
13 Pajaro Way
Salinas 93901
424-3213
Witness: Marie Dainow 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

She must have. I remember I was crushed when my brother would not name me because I was not attending church at the time. I later told him he never had to let me know and I would never have known. I understood the reasoning for his decision; yet it hurt.

Mimi said...

Happily, although Frank and Marybeth were both old-time Catholic, they were never judgmental in that way. Interestingly, none of their children are religious at all. Of my parents' descendants, the only ones I know of who are orthodox RC, are some of my brother, Larry's. Oh, joy, what a relief!

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...