Friday, July 19, 2024

Thursday

Left at 10:30, walked down Victoria to Telephone and caught the 11 bus going east. For a change, I was earlier than Diane for our noon lunch across from her place, but she got there about ten minutes after I did. We settled in to eat our lunches and embark on one of our marathon talk sessions, which always includes what's going on with family and friends, plus our emotional states. I asked Diane to give me some info on the various groups she runs and wrote some down to convey to Noreen. It was after 3:00 when we broke up, but no prob--I'll see her again for Monday when we meet at the hospital. 

I walked from there to Grocery Outlet and found some nice cod fillets; bought them and almond milk, then bused home. I was happy to get a text from Ellen, saying she had gotten a doctor's appointment--for today, thank Zeus--to have her knee looked at. Also got emails from Maureen at Groendyke Insurance to tell me a better deal couldn't be found, so damn, guess I'll just have to go with shelling out the extra five hundred bucks.  

I didn't get in until 5:00, but that was okay. Felt a little hungry, so heated two of the cabbage fritters I had reserved in the fridge and enjoyed them as a pre-dinner snack. 

Mike Facetimed me to show me around his new digs. It nice--three bedrooms, two and a half baths, and has spectacular views. It's especially good that it's just a five-minute walk from Violet's school. She'll alternate every two weeks staying at Mike's and her mother's.

I had a terrible time sleeping: got up for the usual at 3:16 and wasn't able to get back before I got up at 6:30. I considered calling Cheryl to say not to pick me up for T.O.P.S., but I guess I'll go and maybe nap later.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...