Thursday, July 04, 2024

Wednesday

 Ellen picked me up shortly after 11:00 and we drove to Diane's. She was out front waiting and I was somewhat startled to see her hair--the usual attractive silver, but with flip-ups on both sides. Actually, it was a wig and we three got a good laugh about it. 

From there, it was the Urban CafĂ©, where we sat outside and El treated us to lunch. I wish I had thought to take pics of the three of us, but we were so busy talking, I didn't. However, when a man came walking by, I was so intrigued by his shirt that I asked if I could take his and  he was pleased to agree:

Hmm...could he be Jewish, maybe? 

From there, we went to Diane's apartment, which she has wonderfully decorated in a kind of exotic, but pleasing, far eastern style. She and Ellen got deep into "spiritual" topics and I was a good girl, mostly keeping my mouth shut. Actually, it was enjoyable. In lieu of what I should have taken yesterday, here's Diane a few months ago:  
This illustrates her high-born lady persona; I guess the flippy wig was Diane as teeny-bopper.

We left about 3:00 and drove directly to Ellen's. She showed me the former guest room, which she's having renovated. Since it can't be used yet, she had the bed moved to the front room temporarily and that's where I'm staying. She then had a few things to do and I indulged myself by watching several episodes of Jeopardy. El made a good dinner of chicken, sweet potato fries, and broccoli, which we enjoyed along with Margaritas. 

Greg came over at 8:00, bringing some things to put in the fridge, as he's going to be making dinner for us tonight.  He said it will include artichokes and sea bass and that's all I needed to hear--yay! I was so pleased to see Greg. I realize he and Ellen are not in the same place they were, but they're friends and that's good to know. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...