Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Tuesday

Nothing much going on. I paid attention to some paperwork and financial stuff in the morning, took trash to the place, and did some other household chores. By the time I had completed them and packed my lunch, it was after twelve. Bused to town and my spot across from the mission, but the weather has gotten hot and there wasn't enough shade, so I strolled down Main Street to a table, chair, umbrella set up and ate there. It was very quiet in town--this early in the week it usually is--and pleasant just to sit there and enjoy my lunch. Stopped in a few shops, then bused home.

At the transit center, I detoured to BevMo to replenish my supply of IPA. I'm always amazed at being asked my birth date, but it's a law. I'm not sure if it's just in California or not, but it strikes me funny. Next time, I'm going to give the clerk my son's birth date, June 28, 1959, and see what happens. 

When I got home, I cored, seasoned, and roasted the dozen big apples I bought the other day. Stowed some in the fridge, others in the freezer, and will enjoy them. Also enjoyed a good piece of ahi tuna for dinner, along with spinach and roasted tomatoes.

Jeanne Painter texted me several long texts and sent five pictures. Two were group shots of her family (five daughters and assorted sons-in-law and grandkids) and the others of her first great-grandchild, whom they've named Aurora Ocean Pier. Here's the new pic of herself Jeanne put on Facebook: 

She's several months older than I am, which is why she looks so horribly decrepit. 😁

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...